Huntsville Kappa League/Kappa Knight
- Must be enrolled at an area school (Madison County, Limestone County, Morgan County, Madison City, Huntsville City or an area private/parochial school) in the following grades:
- Kappa Knights grades 4-8
- Kappa League grades 9-12
- Kappa Knights must have and maintain at least a “B” grade point average.
- Kappa League must have and maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average.
- Must participate and provide at 10 hours of community service each semester.
- Must understand and sign Student Code of Conduct.
- Must complete application and have parental/guardian permission (signature on all applicable forms).
- Must complete all Kappa League Membership Training Sessions.
- Must be able to attend 80% of Guide Right Activities.
- Must pay membership dues of $60/year.
Huntsville Kappa League/Kappa Knight Application Procedure
The Huntsville Kappa League/Kappa Knights require all prospective members to participate in an application procedure prior to consideration for membership. Also, the following requirements of joining Kappa League/Kappa Knights need to be fulfilled:
1. Grade Point average of at least 2.5 (If GPA is below, Appeal Process is available). Please submit a Transcript ora copy of your most recent Report Card
2. Middle School or High School Enrollment (Currently in the 4th to 12th grade).
3. A Statement of Interest (within the application).
4. Recommendation Form: completed by teacher, counselor, pastor, community member or member of Kappa Alpha Psi from community, that knows your character as a student and overall young man.
Applications may be submitted in person at a Kappa League meeting or by mail (to P. O. Box 3727, Huntsville, AL35810) until October 4, 2014. After all these requirements have been submitted, the candidate’s information will be reviewed by the Kappa League Leadership Committee.
Membership packet includes:
· Membership Application and Requirements
· History of Kappa League (to be reviewed by all candidates)
· Statement of Interest Essay
· Recommendation Form
· Guide Right Code of Conduct